Troop 90 is heading to the Rockville Climbing Center March 9-10, 2013. This will be an overnight trip from Sat. eve to Sunday morning and all indoors. On Saturday night, the scouts will have the facility all to themselves and climb into the night. After our climbing, we will have a snack and bed down for the night. Sleeping will be done in the climbing area on the floor, so bring your sleeping pad and bag.
We will have a light breakfast and depart on Sunday morning . no later than 9:00 A.M. There will be no climbing in the morning as per the Center.s rules.
Last year the patrols had climbing competitions, so I suggest you start working out now and getting your muscles in shape. There will be prizes for the winners.
- 1) $30 per scout . as long as we have at least 18 attendees (which I am confident about). If we have less, the fee will be higher. (we have to cover the minimum charge for the Center)
- 2) Fee includes climbing, climbing gear and snacks.
- 3) Sign ups, payment and Permission Slips (attached) are due on Feb. 25th at our next meeting. (We do not have a meeting this Monday Feb.18th) No sign-ups after Feb 25th. Payment checks are to be made out to Troop 90.
- 4) Trip is March 9 to March 10th. We will meet at the church on Mar.9th (Saturday) at 7:15 PM and carpool down. We need adults to drive and they are more than welcome to spend the night with the troop. There is no fee for any adults helping out..we need your help.
- 5) Departure is Sunday - Mar.10th by 9:00 AM the latest. Again . we need adults to drive. We will travel back to Woodlot Park for scouts to be picked up. Parents should be at the park no later than 9:15 AM to pick up their son.
- 6) Gear - you will need a sleeping bag and pad. Water Bottle, meds (if any), sleep clothes (if needed), and toiletries. Pack light and small for this trip... It is inside and only 12 hours long.
- 7) Clothing . loose pants, Class B T-Shirt, and sneakers or similar for climbing. You want to be comfortable.
For more information on the Rockville Climbing Center, go here: http://www.rockvilleclimbing.com/
Any Questions, feel free to contact Mr. Z.